The roof is one of the most important external features of a home. Nowadays, there are plenty of different types of house roofs and roofing options, which makes it difficult to figure out which one will bring out the best in your particular structure. So the first step in deciding what kind of roofing to go for, is to get informed on all the different types of roofs for homes. Here are the most common ones:
- Asphalt shingles. This is an efficient and affordable roofing option that works well in different weather conditions.
- Slate. Slate roofs are elegant, durable, waterproof, and mold-free. The only downside to these home roof types is the weight and price – both high!
- Solar tiles. These roofs are perfect in countries that experience a lot of sunny days. Also, solar tiles are seamless and modern-looking.
- Metal. Metal tiles resemble slate but they are not as durable. They are however resistant to fire and strong winds.
- Clay. Clay tiles are quite good for warm climates that do not get much rain, but cannot be used to walk on.
- Green roofs. These roofs are environmentally friendly but do require a lot of maintenance, extra support, good structure, and a well-prepared technical team to install them.
Best roof styles for homes in 2021
There are many different types of house roofs out there. These include the hip roof, gable roof, Dutch, jerkinhead, mansard roof, gambrel roof, saltbox, skillion, and last but not least, the famous flat roof. Each one has its advantages and disadvantages. Whether you should use one or the other for your home really depends on the location of the house and the climate in that specific area. Their popularity also depends on their looks. Different types of house roofs also display different architectural styles.
The two most popular ones in 2021 are the skillion roof and the flat one. These roofs are more contemporary looking which makes them great choices for anyone who likes modern features and the latest styles of architecture.
Do you want to know the cost of replacing your flat roof? Read this article to get an idea or call us for a more specific estimation.
The skillion roof is also known as a mono-pitch roof with a clearly defined slope. This roof has minimal lines and an efficient shape that allows all waters to drain on the side gutters, completely seamless.
The flat roof probably requires no introduction. This type of roof is modern and offers extra usable space for the inhabitants of the house. To figure out which one of these house roof types is the best one for you, contact our team at RH Renovation, experts on normal roof and flat roof services. We can discuss the style you prefer and provide you with a free estimate on the construction work.