With summer right around the corner, it is important to upgrade your outdoor areas and freshen up your patio to enjoy every single moment of sunshine. As such, we have prepared a list of our most favorite patio deck restoration ideas to help your small renovation project get started.
- Let’s start with the most obvious one: give your patio deck a thorough clean. You can use a mild soap and some warm water to clean the surface or opt for a hose to clean every little gap between the boards of the deck.
- Next, add a fresh coat of stain or paint if your patio deck feels too old even after having been cleaned.
- If you notice rotten boards or other damages, make sure to repair those before using the deck. Some damages can be deep enough to threaten the structure of your patio deck, so inspect the deck by a professional if needed. Ask a local contractor to take a look and determine whether you need repairs or a whole deck replacement.
- Fix the railing. In many cases, the railing of a patio deck needs replacement, not only due to structural damage but also for aesthetic purposes. Since the railing is the only vertical part of a patio deck, it also sets the tone for the decor so you might want to change it and give your patio a brand new look.
- Remove any loose items or nails that you might find lying around in your patio.
- After having dealt with the structure, you can move onto the looks of your patio deck. Change the outdoor furniture if needed or add a nice dining table to give your patio a new purpose. Opt for a lightweight steel frame set for a modern appeal or a sturdier wooden set for a more traditional look.
- Add an outdoor rug to create a homely environment. Make sure to choose a rug that is meant for outdoor usage and is water-resistant.
- Also, add some potted plants to make the patio feel like an oasis and give more character to your outdoor living room.
While these are all things you can do yourself, you might notice that some patio deck restoration works are beyond your capabilities. If that is the case, feel free to contact us at RH Renovation NYC and someone from our team will make sure to guide you through the process and give your patio the attention it needs.