The cost to reshingle a roof in the US is about $8000. This price obviously changes depending on the size of the roof, its pitch, where the property is located, and how much labor costs in that specific area. But before we get into all the factors that impact the price of a roof reconstruction, let’s first outline why and when a reshingle is necessary.
Roofs are the first barrier offering protection to your home from natural weather conditions, including rain, snow, hail, storms, and also sun rays.
All of these factors can create cracks or other damages to the shingles and as such lower the efficiency of a roof, resulting in leaks, stains, and mold in the attic as well as higher energy bills.
This is when replacing a roof or at least, replacing the shingles becomes necessary. No need to worry however. A roof reconstruction has very positive effects. It can be seen as a proper investment into your home because the security that a new roof will bring to your property is way more valuable than just aesthetics.
In addition, new shingles on a roof will also expand its lifespan. Typically, a reconstructed roof can last for 30 years and more. In some cases even a whole century.
The cost to reshingle a roof varies between $5000 and $10000.
Here are some factors that can affect the cost to reshingle a roof per square foot:
- Labor. The cost of labor to replace a roof is between $1.50 and $3.00 per square foot.
- Extended damage to the roof. In many cases, you might just go for a simple reshingle and find more issues along the way such as underlying rotting timber. Any issues that come up during the roof renovation process will increase the overall cost of reshingling your roof.
- Weather. Contractors are more expensive in areas where the weather is either too hot or too cold and working out on a roof becomes more challenging in any way.
- Roof pitch and size. The bigger the roof and the steeper it is, the more it is going to cost to reshingle.
- Location. The area where your property is located will also impact the cost of your roof reshingle.
Get in touch with us at RH Renovation NYC and let us know about your roof and the project you have in mind. Our team will get to you a cost estimate for free and walk you through the process of getting your roof reshingled, repaired, maintained, or replaced.