There are many ways you can tackle a fireplace remodel. Here are some ideas to get you started.
- Add a glass door to your fireplace to protect your home from cold breezes while giving a charming element to your fireplace. In addition, the simple glass layer will protect your interior from flying ashes or coals. You can easily buy these glass doors in any DIY store. Make sure the dimension is right and you will find that fitting them is quite simple.
- Clean and paint your firebrick. You also need to fix any mortar joints that are not right so that your fireplace gets a fresh look and a safe structure.
- Place a mantel that matches the rest of your interior and complements your fireplace. You can use an old piece of wood to add a vintage effect or a brand new structure to make the room more contemporary. Make sure to decorate the mantel accordingly too.
- Replace your wood fireplace with a gas one. Gas fireplaces are safer and cleaner. You will find that gas fireplaces offer the same look as a real wood-burning fire, with the same red romantic flames.
- Add an insert so your fireplace becomes more efficient at heating the whole house and without hurting your energy bills.
- Protect the front of your fireplace with tiles. You might have a hearth already in place but tiles are cleaner, safer, and also more attractive. They come in different colors and sizes to fit whatever interior decor you have going on in your living room or other areas of the house. Make sure to choose the right tile that can withstand heat and will not break or experience discoloration if hot coals fall on them.
- Convert your outdated fireplace into a contemporary feature through stone veneer or even tiles. You can choose the material that you prefer and will complement the rest of your home and layer it on the walls.
If you are looking to renovate your fireplace, contact us at RH Renovation NYC for more ideas and a deeper look into the process. Our designers can suggest the best materials and colors that will make your interior pop while our technicians will walk you through the process and timeline of the project. We will also provide you with a cost estimate for free so you can explore the different options and choose the one that fits your budget better.