As a homeowner, you are always thinking about ways to improve your home and increase its value as well as its comfort. One way to do so is by adding a fireplace and a chimney. Why? Here are the benefits of a chimney!
- First of all, a house with a fireplace and as a result, a chimney (as they always go hand in hand), will be more appealing to a potential buyer. So, by adding a chimney you will set your home apart if you are looking to sell your property. Your house will stay on the market shorter as it will attract more interest.
- Next, having a fireplace will enrich the interior layout and decor of your home. It will create a new focal point where your family can gather, and it will also make your living room or bedroom more appealing.
- A chimney and a fireplace are also good for heating in the winter. Fireplaces are not just decorative. Their main function has always been to provide heat during the cold months. So having a fireplace and a chimney will benefit your gas and electricity bills for a few months. This is especially advantageous if you live in an area where timber is local and cheap.
- In addition, a good chimney with a particular shape will benefit the exterior of your home and add depth to the facade. It is an extension of the roof that will stand out and create a nice look and character for your house. In some cases, chimneys can start from the ground and blend in with the architecture in a very harmonious way.
- A chimney can also help with stack ventilation in your home. The fireplace is always connected to exterior air and can always provide fresh air throughout the house, even if you forget to leave windows open if you are traveling. By aiding in ventilation, a chimney can also help in reducing moisture and keeping your interior fresh.
- Finally, a chimney can also be an extension of a pizza oven, and as such, you can benefit from good and authentic food cooked at home.
There are many benefits to a chimney. Contact us at RH Renovation NYC if you are looking to build a chimney on your property. We have years of experience dealing with home renovation projects and can suggest the best designs for your home.